Skip to main content

Day 111112


Today is the real day of unity. Today is the day we see that every day is a day of one-ness, not only the special one.

Hanna sits next to me as I am writing. What a gift she is, what a blessing. I have already covered this but it strikes me how I have called her in to my life to bless it.

I remember in my youth, more and more reflecting on who I was, I became frustrated by being so "right" all the time. I was young, I was Caucasian, I was western, male, protestant, middle-class and I saw myself as fairly healthy, wealthy and skilled... I could virtually tic off all the boxes of what you should be in order to be "right" in this world.

It didn't trigger off gratitude though. Instead a long journey started to explore the other. Now I am sitting here as a citizen of a "third world" country in the periphery of the suburb with my handicapped daughter, and my immigrant wife and friends.

And now - I am full of gratitude! For the bigger picture, the grander scope. A horizon that has widened to include even the Caucasian, the western, the male, the middleclass... the big parts of me I previously despised!

A story comes to my mind that I have always treasured:

A monk has been spending virtually his whole life in the little shed at the entrance of the monastery. It is regarded as the lowliest of tasks as it involves letting in the stream of poor, lepers and helpless knocking at the monastery door to seek help.
As the monk is getting old himself he is offered a more prestigious task in the main building. But the monk refuses to be promoted:
"I have been sitting here my whole life thinking that next time there is a knock on the monastery door, next time it has to be Christ knocking at the door. And you know, I haven't been disappointed once."

Every meeting is a meeting with the special one. Every place is the place to be. What time but now can truth be recognized?

Today is the day we see and experience unity. Today we can learn again that it can not be yesterday or tomorrow.

Now are we One.



There is a silence which the world can't reach
There is an ancient peace within your heart
There is a sense of holiness in you
the thought of sin has never touched

There is a garden opening for you
There is a flower sharing its perfume
There is a lake reflecting your true self
the thought of sin has never touched

Now are we One with Him who is our Source
Now are we One with Him who is our Source

What time but now can truth be recognized?
And so today, this instant, now, we come
to look upon what is forever there;
not in our sight but through Christ's eyes

He looks past time and sees eternity
He hears the song the busy world can't hear
Beyond it all he hears the Voice for God
more clear, more meaningful, more near

Now are we One with Him who is our Source
Now are we One with Him who is our Source



Words: A Course In Miracles /Anders Nyberg



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Åke Edvinsson, 60 år

Det går nog knappt en dag utan att jag tänker i tacksamhet på dig, Åke. Alla minnen som vi delat under årens lopp blir man ju ständigt påmind om genom gamla sånger och sammanhang, människor och miljöer som poppar upp litet här och där, litet nu och då. Häromdagen slogs jag av en lust att hålla ett tacktal till dig för allt du betytt för mig, men antog att det är väl något jag kommer att skjuta upp tills din begravning - om nu inte du kommer att sjunga på min dessförinnan. Men varför vänta till dess, tänkte jag sen? Det är så dags då, nej låt mig få uttrycka detta nu! Och så vaknar jag idag och ser att du fyller 60 år! Detta är mitt tillfälle, att få skriva ett helt oförblommerat tacktal till en underbar människa som nog betytt mer för mig - och för många andra - än någon annan utanför den innersta familjekretsen! Den första gång jag såg dig var den första gång jag hörde dig; i barnkören som repade i kyrkskolan under fröken Gun Anderssons ledning. Och vi fortsatte s

The unfolding tale of a hundred hymns

Wow! The power of setting your intentions...  Last summer I created a folder in my computer, and I had to give it a name. After giving it a quick thought I wrote: "Hundred hymns", in an attempt to be a bit poetic in the small space and time given.  There's a new hymnbook on its way in Sweden and a call has gone out for anyone who wants to contribute with proposals. I thought I ought to send in something before the deadline on New Years and the folder was created for this purpose.  I started to browse thru a life's worth of song creation and did not find much suitable, managed to come up with about 30 songs that I thought could work, after editing them quite substantially.  After that I fell ill in Covid. Little did I realise then how necessary this was for the developments that were to follow. For the first time in my life I had a personal and very tangible experience of life's brevity. And a reminder of the importance of taking every day as a precious gift.  ​ N

Never Ending Peace And Love – Reflections on a first encounter with NEPAL

Part 1 My time in Nepal is drawing to a close. For this time... Impossible to summarise this amazing country, but in short it has been a peak experience. Peak time with peak people in peak country. The nature is unquestionably one of its kind, with both jungle and the highest peaks of this planet within sight. And the people, to a large extent poor, but with a richness of soul and spirit that is overwhelming; generous, kind, humble and proud at the same time. But most amazing has been our way to approach it; walking, talking and singing... I feel that our "Sång & Gång" concept, our "walk & sing" adventures that we now have developed for almost 30 years have found an ultimate form here. We walk into the villages, meeting people eye-level, share a song, and walk out of there with a garland around our necks and a blessing on our foreheads. And a smile in our hearts and a sense of taking part in a real transformative meeting. For both parties. All of this has